SAVE THE DATE!
Spring Bank Holiday Monday 26th May
10am – 4pm
Spring Bank Holiday, Monday 26th May, will soon be here, and the village will be once again opening its street to locals and visitors alike. Over the past few months, preparations have been underway and already, there are more events, music, games, stalls and entertainment than ever before.
Lined up for the Street Market this year so far is:
– The ever popular Austwick Amble Fell Race!
- All races will start from the village green and entries will be open from 10.00am.
- The Senior Race will start at 1.00pm and features 1,200 feet of ascent and decent over 8 miles. The race is run under Fell Runners Association (FRA) rules.
- The Junior Race will start at 11.45am for boys and girls under 12 (over 8) and 12.15pm for boys and girls under 16.
– Music and entertainment from the Oak Quartet Jazz band and from Zoot
– Market stalls including arts and crafts, spares, tombola, bric a brac and plants
– Coconut shy, bouncy castle, children’s quiz, miniature farm, skittles, fire engine, vintage car rally and shire horses
– Great Yorkshire food including Pie & Peas, Bacon Butties, Freshly Baked Scones, Cakes & Biscuits and a Hog Roast
As always, the success of the Street Market relies on the efforts, donations and hard work put in by the villagers and businesses of Austwick and the surrounding areas. This year is no different.
The Street Market Committee members are currently looking for volunteers to help in the run up to the event and on the day. If you can help in anyway and volunteer even a small amount of your time, it really will make a big difference.
Also, if you have any items of unwanted clothing, furniture, gifts or toys, we will be looking for items for various stalls in the run up to the event. A collection will be arranged a few days before the event but earlier storage can be arranged, just get in touch with our Secretary, Gwen Cleverly, on the number or email below.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
The Street Market Committee
Tel: 015242 51185