Wood View is one of Austwick’s oldest farmhouses (circa 1700), being an elegant Grade II listed building situated on the village green. Containing many original features such as open fires and beams, it is the home of Sue and David Dewhirst, who provide a high standard of accommodation for discerning visitors to the area.
The village of Austwick nestles in a valley with a backdrop of magnificent limestone scenery in the Three Peaks area of the Yorkshire Dales National Park. It is the ideal base for exploring this area of outstanding natural beauty by car, cycle or on foot, or as a stopping off point en route to the Lake District.
- Complimentary refreshments will be provided in the residents’ lounge on arrival. This charming beamed room has an open log fire in the cooler months and is the ideal place to discuss the days’ adventures, read a book or just relax.
- Wood View has five comfortably furnished, spacious double/twin bedrooms, each with en-suite bath or shower facilities. Each room also has a colour television, clock radio, hair dryer, hospitality tray and toiletries.
- Breakfast is a leisurely affair at Wood View, with generous helpings of traditional English food, as well as a vegetarian option.
- Packed lunches can be provided and flasks filled to fortify you during your day on the fells!
- Children over the age of 12 are welcome.
- Well behaved dogs are accepted by prior arrangement.
- A private car park provides ample space for all guests’ cars.
- Wood View is a non-smoking establishment.
- We do not have a drinks license but guests are welcome to bring their own wine and we will provide the glasses and a corkscrew.